1. Acceptable Use Policy
We may allow you to upload, live stream, submit, or publish (collectively, to "submit") content such as videos, recordings, images, and text (collectively, "content"). You must ensure that your content, and your conduct, complies with the Acceptable Use Policy set forth in this Section 1. SmartShare may (but is not obligated to) monitor your account, content, and conduct, regardless of your privacy settings. SmartShare may take all appropriate actions to enforce its rights including removing specific videos or suspending or removing your account.
1.1 Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send SmartShare a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe SmartShare is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
1.2 Content Restrictions
You may not submit any content that:
- Infringes any third party’s copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Is sexually explicit (e.g., pornography) or proposes a transaction of a sexual nature;
- Is hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- Promotes or supports terror or hate groups;
- Exploits minors;
- Depicts unlawful acts or extreme violence;
- Provides instructions on how to assemble explosive/incendiary devices or homemade/improvised firearms;
- Depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent or dubious business schemes or proposes an unlawful transaction;
- Makes false or misleading claims about vaccination safety;
- Claims that mass tragedies are hoaxes or false flag operations;
- Depicts or encourages self-harm; or
- Violates any applicable law.
1.3 Code of Conduct
In using our Services, you may not:
- Use an offensive words (e.g., explicit language), pictures or videos (e.g., containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organization;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Collect personal information about others;
- Access another’s account without permission;
- Engage in any unlawful activity;
- Embed our video player on or provide links to sites that contain content prohibited by Section 1.2; or
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
1.4 Prohibited Technical Measures
You will not:
- Except as authorized by law or as permitted by us: scrape, reproduce, redistribute, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, alter, archive, or disassemble any part of our Services; or attempt to circumvent any of our security, rate-limiting, filtering, or digital rights management measures;
- Submit any malicious program, script, or code;
- Submit an unreasonable number of requests to our servers; or
- Take any other actions to manipulate, interfere with, or damage our Services.
1.5 Restricted Users
You may not create an account if you are a member of a terror or hate group. You may not purchase any goods or services from us if you reside in a country subject to a comprehensive U.S. sanctions program or are a Specifically Designated National (SDN) as designated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
1.6 Accessibility and Ratings
We provide means to allow you to include closed captioning in your videos. If required by applicable law, you must provide closed captioning in your videos.
We may allow you to filter videos based upon their user-defined content rating. We cannot guarantee that videos will be appropriately rated by others. You must rate your videos appropriately.